Volunteer – Get Started
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. At The First Tee, we take coaching seriously. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
“Young people don’t care what you know until they know that you care.”
WE’RE LOOKING FOR YOU!
Our program would not be where it is today without the help and support we’ve received from our enthusiastic volunteers and mentors. We are always looking for new volunteers! We need your help in order to continue impacting the lives of youth in our community.
If the opportunity to positively influence the life of a child gets you excited, then you belong at The First Tee of Greater San Antonio! All volunteers for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio are required to complete a background check and complete The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Volunteer Application. Please read, print, sign and return to Mark Tisdale our Risk Management, Liability & Accident Waiver and our Social Media Principles.
MAKE AN IMPACT OFF THE COURSE
We need more than coaches to make The First Tee possible. We rely on volunteers — sometimes year round — to accomplish our mission, and not all of those goals involve golf; we need support off the course as well. Opportunities include:
Who can volunteer with The First Tee of Greater San Antonio? Anyone with:
- An ability to serve as “the model” of mature, responsible behavior to participants
- An interest in the development of youth
- An appreciation for the game of golf and its inherent life lessons
- The ability to assist with a 2 hour session at least once a week for an 9 week period
When/where are The First Tee of Greater San Antonio sessions held?
- The First Tee of Greater San Antonio sessions take place on Saturday’s 9am – 4pm, and Monday – Friday from 4:30pm – 6pm.
- Normal programming takes place at The Polo Field Golf Center (915 E. Mulberry). Occasional programming takes place at local golf courses.
When can I start to volunteer for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio?
- Contact Mark Tisdale at 210-736-9592 or email email@example.com to schedule an interview.
- Complete a background check at www.ncsisafe.com. Click on self-registration; password 47274471. You will be responsible for a $25 fee which is payable with a major credit card. Once your background check has been submitted, contact Mark Tisdale at 210-736-9592.
- Upon completion of the interview and background check you are eligible to begin working with the kids in the program. You will have the opportunity to observe the program and work directly with one of the Coaches until you feel comfortable in your role as a volunteer.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?