Our program would not be where it is at today without the help and support we've received from our enthusiastic volunteers and mentors. We are always looking for new volunteers! We need your help in order to continue impacting the lives of youth in our community.
If the opportunity to positively influence the life of a child gets you excited, then you belong at The First Tee of Greater San Antonio! All volunteers for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio are required to complete a background check and complete The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Volunteer Application. Please read and agree to our RISKMANAGEMENT and our SOCIALMEDIAPRINCIPLES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can volunteer with The First Tee of Greater San Antonio? Anyone with:
- An ability to serve as "the model" of mature, responsible behavior to participants
- An interest in the development of youth
- An appreciation for the game of golf and its inherent life lessons
- The ability to assist with a 2 hour session at least once a week for an 8 week period
When/where are The First Tee of Greater San Antonio sessions held?
- The First Tee of Greater San Antonio sessions take place throughout the weekend and after school during the weekdays. Saturday and Sundays - 9 am - 4pm, Monday - Friday 5- 6:30pm.
- Normal programming takes place at the Polo Field Golf Center (915 E. Mulberry). Occasional programming takes place at local golf courses.
When can I start to volunteer for The First Tee of Greater San Antonio?
- Contact Mark Tisdale at 210-736-9592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview
Complete a background check at www.ncsisafe.com. Click on self-registration; password 47274471. You will be responsible for a $25 fee which is payable with a major credit card. Once your background check has been submitted, contact Mark Tisdale at 210-736-9592.
- Upon completion of the interview and background check you are eligible to begin working with the kids in the program. You will have the opportunity to observe the program and work directly with one of the Coaches until you feel comfortable in your role as a volunteer.
What should I bring with me on my first day?
- A great attitude and a willingness to assist as needed.
- Equipment is provided.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
- Head Coach & Program Manager, Mark Tisdale
- (210) 736-8702 or email@example.com