- Participant ages range from 5-18.
- Participant ability levels range from beginner to advanced.
- Average class size is ~30 participants with ~3 coaches.
- Participants generally attend class 1 day per week for 1.5 hrs/wk.
- The Program is conducted into 9 week blocks. The intent is that The First Tee becomes less of a program and more of a club that kids join and grow up with.
- Annual Membership Fee of $75/year with an additional $25 per golf session for a 9 week block.
- The program is conducted at the Polo Field Golf Center, Riverside Golf Course, Mission Del Lago Golf Course, Windcrest Golf Course, Brackenridge Golf Course, and Willow Springs Golf Course.
- Equipment is provided for participants to borrow during the program.
Our Youth Leadership & Curriculum Focuses On:
- How to manage emotions
- How to set goals
- How to resolve conflicts
- How to introduce themselves
- How to communicate with others
Nine Healthy Habits:
The First Tee Code of Conduct:
- Respect for Myself
- Respect for Others
- Respect for my Surroundings
Golf & Life Skills Experience
Through The First Tee Golf and Life Skills Experience, a curriculum for teaching character education through specific life skills, young people around the world discover how the skills essential to success on a golf course can help them flourish in life. These skills include, self-management, interpersonal communication, goal-setting, mentoring and effective conflict resolution. The Life Skills Experience sets The First Tee apart from many other junior golf programs and youth initiatives, and ultimately strives to instill in participants The First Tee Nine Core Values.
Mark Tisdale -The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Program Manager (210) 736-8702
Taylor Carruth PGA -The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Head Coach (210) 736-9592
James Benites PGA -The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Assistant Coach (210) 355-5429
1. Tiny Tigers: (Age 5- 7 years old) - Introduction Level. The Tiny Tigers Class is an Introduction to The First Tee Life Skills Experience; provides a fun and safe environment that creates curiosity about the game of golf.
1. PLAYer Level : (required minimum age of 8) 1st level. The PLAYer level introduces how to play the game of golf, with special emphasis on learning golf and Life Skills, appreciating the rules and etiquette of the game, and developing your game in golf and life.
2. Par Level : (recommended 9 & older) 2nd level. Par is for participants who successfully complete the PLAYer level. Life Skills include communication skills and self-management. Golf skills include the fundamentals: grip, stance, posture, and rules and etiquette.
3. Birdie Level : (recommended 11 & older) 3rd level. For participants who have completed the Par curriculum and have passed an instructor evaluation. Life Skills focus on goal-setting. Golf skills focus on putting, chipping, full swing, course knowledge, and rules and etiquette.
4. Eagle Level : (recommended 13 & older) 4th level. For participants who have completed the Birdie curriculum and passed another instructor evaluation. Life Skills focus on mentoring, career planning and conflict management. Golf skills include course management, mental playing strategies, and all aspects of the golf swing.
5. ACE Level : (required minimum age of 14) 5th level. Highest participant level. Focuses on personal planning and reinforces interpersonal effectiveness and growth, and pursuit of golf skills and competitive playing opportunities.
Attendance is important and is a criteria for advancement but we do not require that you advance in a given time frame. Every child can advance at there own pace. However, the more regular your attendance, the sooner you will be eligible for advancement.
Programming is available to any child 5-18 years of age. Participants join the program when they register for a PLAYer class, the first level of The First Tee Program. Members enjoy many benefits, including access to our facilities. The annual membership fee is $75 yearly with an additional $25 per golf session for a 9 week block. Parents are also encouraged to help support the program in a number of ways: through financial donations, equipment donations, volunteering and supporting our fundraising activities. All playing levels are welcome.
The First Tee of Greater San Antonio has a new Registration Service called Reggie. Reggie will allow parents and participants to sign up for current or future golf classes to all the The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Golf Course Locations. Reggie is an online registration system that will allow the participant to sign up online and will not have to fill out paper work at the beginning of a new class or session.
Session 1: January 17 - March 15 - Registration opens January 1st
Session 2: March 21 - May 31 - Registration opens February 1st
Session 3: June 6 - August 9 - Registration opens March 14th
Session 4: September 12 - November 8 - Registration opens May 31st
Session 5: November 14 - December 19 - Registration opens September 12
Please Click here to register for your particular level golf class with The First Tee of Greater San Antonio Golf Course Locations. If you have any additional questions please talk to Coach Taylor at the beginning of your class date and time.
**We do not accept American Express for your Payment Method